PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Pages

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

I want to be a soccer mom

I never thought that I would udder these words but I want to be a soccer mom.  Growing up I expected my family to be a modern day Huxtable family. I was going to be a lawyer and my husband was going to be a successful business man. We would have 3 or 4 kids, a home office, and dance and sing to jazz music.  Then I realized that things in real life don't always work out that way.

My husband and I are both restaurant managers working 50+ hours a week. On top of that I have a 45 minute drive to work everyday. We have to work opposite schedules in order to have someone home with baby girl. This alone can be stressful for a family. It is very rare that all three of us are home at the same time unless we are asleep. This routine can get very old quickly.

Lately I have really been wanting to do something different career wise.  I have been wanting something that would allow me to be home more. I want  my daughter to have a somewhat normal life. If we could pull it off I would love to be able to stay at home but right now that is not an option. I want to be able to be home to cook and eat dinner with my daughter every night.

I've also been thinking about expanding our family (I'm still on the fence) but I do know that I don't want to bring another child into our crazy, hectic, and rushed lifestyle.

There are some upcoming opportunities that may change our situation *fingers crossed*. I'm in prayer about it. I will keep you all updated on what's going on.


Have any of you working parents shared some of these feelings?
 
Blog Design by Cutesy Couture Designs