PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Pages

Monday, January 24, 2011

I Snapped..

Have you ever had one of those moments where you feel like you are a bad parent? Well I had one of those moments today. I was trying to keep my cool but I just snapped.

Let me tell you exactly what happen. I went and picked up baby girl from daycare. Of course she wanted a piece of candy they have sitting out everyday. WhytheH they have candy out for the kids everyday is totally beyond me. What kid needs to have candy everyday? Don't they understand about childhood obesity? Anyway let me get back to the point.

I tell baby girl that she couldn't have any candy and she starts crying. Now, I can handle regular crying and pouting but that is not what this was. This was the fall down on the floor shrieking kind of crying. I get her off the floor and try to calm her down. She continues to scream and try to jump out of my arms. We finally get out of the building without too many looks and get to the car. This is where she decided to turn it up a notch.

I put her in the car and she refuses to sit down in her seat and buckle up. She starts kicking, and unbuckling herself. Finally, I just like fine we will just sit here until you decide to calm down. Well, 15 minutes goes by and there seems to be no end in sight. I got her down and buckled her up and turn the truck on. As soon as I turned the key she jumps up and turns the truck off and is blocking the ignition so I couldn't turn it back on. This went on two or three more times. I popped the mess out of her hand...why? I don't know; because popping her never seems to work no matter where you pop her.

Somehow I managed to turn the truck on and began driving off. She jumps out of her seat again and turns it off the AS I'M DRIVING. I just want you to imagine how dangerous this scene is....I'm driving, she's out of her seat, I have cars behind me and she turns the truck off.   Thank God we were still in the parking lot.  We tried again and I got a little further and she did it again...this time while I was on a main road. I was lucky enough to pull into a store's parking lot but not before I ran up on a curb and almost hit a sign. Did I mention that she is only two?

This is when I SNAPPED....

I screamed...I mean screamed. I screamed louder than I've ever screamed at a football game or concert. She could've killed both of us...over some dang (not the word I really want to use) candy. And what was her response?!? Of course she started screaming back and get this...pinched me and told me "you don't talk to no one like that"

By this point I'm just thinking..."I just have to make it 2 miles to the house". Baby girl finally calmed down and was acting as if nothing happened asking me what was for dinner. Is she bipolar...WTH?!?  We made it home safely and I've calmed down.

I am so sick of these tantrums that she has. I don't know what else to try. Time-out, the corner, popping, reasoning and talking don't seem to be working.

Anyone been through this or have any tips that I could try? I'm willing to try almost anything at this point.
 
Blog Design by Cutesy Couture Designs