PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Pages

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Walmart launches a tween makeup line

Now, I love my makeup but I did not get into makeup until I was well in my 20s; other than mascara and eyeliner. When I heard that Walmart would be launching geoGiRL, a makeup line for tween girls; I had mixed emotions.
GeoGirl Beauty Line

I don't think that there is a girl in this world that did not play in their mother's makeup when they were little. Well, not girls won't have to because they will have their own makeup to wear.

The makeup line is set to launch February 25, 2011 and will be available at your local Walmart.  The skincare and makeup line is going to be eco-friendly will not contain any parabens , phthalates, and sulfates.  The line will also avoid synthetic color and fragrances for tween's sensitive skin.

The brand is trying to focus on the green movement that the tween have grown up in.  Most of the product packaging is recyclable, they contain natural ingredients, and a portion of the proceed are donated.  The donation will go to girls empowering causes fund.

Most of the makeup is to be very sheer and the 69-item line does not contain black mascara or eyeliner. Most items are priced under $5. The product names remind you of text shorthand used by tweens(e.g., QTPi (Cutie Pie) and iCU (I See You)).

As much as I love makeup; I don't really think that girls that age should be wearing makeup. It all fun and games when they are just playing around with it at the house but to actually be wearing makeup out of the house...ummm NO!  I love that the brand is eco-friendly and trying to empower girls but I don't think makeup is the way to go about it.

How young is too young to wear makeup?

When did you start wearing makeup?

What do you think about this new line?

 
Blog Design by Cutesy Couture Designs