PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Pages

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Domestic Diva Attempt #1

For those of your who don't know; I don't like to cook. I will if I have to but I don't really care for it. Now baking that is a whole different thing. I would bake everyday if I had the time and energy to. Baking is so much fun for everyone involved; not to mention its so yummy. You can't lick the spoon or bowl when you're cooking.... Salmonella poisoning is just not cute.

Any who; I wanted to help the hubby out because he cooks 98.5% of the time and I know he could use a break once in a while. So I have decided that I am going to cook on my days off. While this is not a huge deal for most; it is for me. I usually cooked one every other month. So we will see how this goes. When I do cook I look for fast meals and I like to try new recipes. I have two cookbooks that I use all the time but I want to start venturing out  a little more.

So the other night I was looking on the Kraft Recipes website and saw a recipe for Velvetta Cheeesburger Mac. It looked pretty good and simple so I decided to give it a try.

The ingredient list was very simple:
1/2 pound of Velveeta Cheese
1 tsp of onion powder
2 cups of elbow macaroni
1 pound of ground beef
1/3 cup of ketchup (I was a little thrown off by this)
2 3/4 cup of water
Brown the ground beef

Add the water, ketchup onion powder and bring to a boil.
 Then add noodles cover and simmer until noodles are tender

Add the cheese and stir until cheese is melted and well blended.

finished product

It was very easy to make and only took 20 minutes to prepare. Now for the real test....how does it taste. My daughter loved it (thank God). My hubby on the other hand did not really care for the Velveeta cheese. He had one plate but did not go back for seconds. So I don't know that I would try this again. Maybe with some different cheese. I would rate this dish two spoons (out of five).



 
Blog Design by Cutesy Couture Designs