PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Pages

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Daddy Dearest

I am writing this post as part of the SITS Content is King event. The assignment was to right a letter to one of your friends as if they were sitting next to you. I decided to do a little variation to this assignment. I am writing a letter to my dad who was my best friend. November 17th would have been my dad's 60th birthday.


Soul Man,


Wow! Where do I even begin? Even though I am the visual reflection of mom; I am certainly your daughter on the inside. I have your smarts, your heart and your charm. Three things that I am very grateful to have gotten from you...oh and your dimples(thanks). I also got your athletics skills

Yes, that 'little boy' standing up is me.
 We had so many good times I could never recall all of them. The weekends at the lake house. There were times when I didn't want to go and you made us. We always ended up have the time of our lives there and I have so many fond memories of those weekends.You were the fun dad that everyone wanted that's why the kids in the neighborhood called you daddy Webb. Everyone wanted to be invited to the cookouts, parties, lake house trips because they knew it was going to be a blast.

You taught me life lesson that people twice my age didn't know. I think one of the lessons that I value is all the business skills that you taught me at an early age. How many 14-year olds do you know that had a resume? Heck, I didn't even have a job yet.

Along with our good time; we also had our share of rough ones. I will never forget when I got flip at the mouth (I must have been insane). You chased me around the house like your were 20-years old. Who would have thought you could still jump over the couch like it was a hurdle in the 100-yard dash? Man, you got skills.

 I did my share of crazy things like running your new Infiniti Q45A into the house, going on a shopping spree with your credit card (you should have known that was going to turn out bad), and getting a tattoo at 16-years old. You're love for me never changed. I was the baby girl...you couldn't stay mad at me for too long.

When you passed away; that was the most difficult thing that I every had to deal with. There were times when I thought about giving up but I know that giving up is not acceptable. I know that you look after me and you always be with me in my heart. After you passed; I got stronger and more determined to make you proud. I think I'm doing a pretty dang good job. What do you think?

Love Always,

Chanelie
 
Blog Design by Cutesy Couture Designs