PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Pages

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Toy Story 3 saves the day


Last week I have four whole days off in a row....that NEVER happens. I was so excited. I was going to get to spend some time with baby girl, get some housework and homework done, and maybe even get a little rest.

A girl can dream can't she...

I had baby girl by myself because the hubby was working 12 hour shifts that weekend....

*PAUSE*

I had to pause and give props to all the SAHM and WAHM. I am in awe of how you guys do it *bows down to you*

That little girl ran me ragged. All day long it was "mommy chase me", "mommy run with me", mommy let's walk Missy, "mommy....."; you get the point. My response was "Put that down", "don't touch that", "get down from there". 

By 7:00 that night I was ready to go to bed. Oh, and did I mention that there was no naptime that day? somehow I made it to 9:00 without submerging my head into a pot of boiling water.

The next day I was determined to keep her busy and wear her out. Being that she is my daughter; she wanted to go to the story (this is an everyday occurrence). So we decided to take a trip to Walmart. I figured we could kill at least an hour here as long as she doesn't start showing her tail.

We were looking around the electronics section and something caught her eye "mommy...mommy... I want woody." I had no ideal what she was talking about and then I turned around and saw it....the Toy Story 3 DVD.

I didn't really want to get it because she has never really been into watching television. She has several DVDs that she causally will glance at when its on. Against my better judgement I bought the DVD to keep her from throwing one of her ear-shattering tantrums.

When we got home she said she wanted to watch Woody. I honestly wanted to see the movie myself; it's that kid in me that never grew up. So I popped in the DVD and guess what?!?

She sat down and watched 40 minutes of the movie without getting up. Of course I had to sit and watch it with her and she was asking questions the whole time. I didn't care...it was just nice to actually sit down for a few minutes.

I am in love with this DVD and it doesn't even bother me that we have to watch it 20 times a day. I know the whole movie by heart now...

THANK YOU TOY STORY 3!!!

You have saved my sanity
 
Blog Design by Cutesy Couture Designs