PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Pages

Friday, September 17, 2010

What was I Thinking?!?

Whew!!! I've made it to the final day of the in  Back 2 Blogging Challenge  by SITS!! I've been having a good time re-uploading some of my post and looking at other SITS member's post.  There is a chance for me  to win Thelma and Louise pictured below. How awesome is that?!?  Make sure you check out the sponsors of this great challenge Standards of Excellence, Westar Kitchen and Bath, and Florida Builder Appliances,






Day 5:Write about what blogging means to you. Why do you blog? What purpose does it serve you and how have you benefited from sharing a piece of yourself online this way?

Why do I blog? That's a good gosh darn question. I knew nothing of the blogging world until my good friend at Adventures in the Land of Little Choo Choos started her blog. I instantly became an avid reader of her blog; constantly waiting for the next post to be published. Then it hit me; "Hey why don't I start one?" I had no idea what I was getting myself into. I just wanted to write and be able to share my thoughts with other like-minded people.

The day that I created my blog; I was so proud of myself. I published my first post and went to work to tell everyone about it. They are laughed me off and asked why I thought that I was so interesting that people would want to read about me. I was crushed and intent on shutting my blog down when I got home that night. When I started it was not because I thought I was special. I wanted to allow my friends and family to be able to keep up with my family. I also needed another outlet. I'm pretty sure that the people at work without kids got tired of me talking about breastfeeding, poopies, and pull-ups.

I'm glad that my nay-sayers did not talk me out of continuing my blog. I have 'met' a lot of really great people and I have learned so much from them. I even created a second blog about my journey into makeupland.  Some of the blogs that I have been introduced to are so flipping hilarious, some are very insightful and helpful. There is such a range of blogs out there. Blogging has re-ignited the creative side of my brain that has been asleep for so long. It has also helped me to open up a little and challenged me to improve my writing.


I'm glad I started this blog and look forward to where this might lead...


 
Blog Design by Cutesy Couture Designs