Thursday, September 9, 2010

Total State of Confusion

I don't know what has been going on with me lately. I have totally lost control of my life. I usually work the evening shift at the restaurant which is 3:00PM until 12 or 1AM depending on how long people decided to hang out in the restaurant and talk. My body was used to this schedule and then they decided to shake things up and have me working the morning shift for 10 days in row. Most people would love the morning shift because you get off a decent hour. Well a few mornings are cool but 10 in a row just doesn't work well for me.

Let me give you a rundown of what working mornings looks like for me. My body is so used to getting to bed around one so for the first three days I could not go to sleep before that time. I have to wake up at 5AM drive 45 minutes to work. I usually get off at five (if everything goes well) and get home around 6. My daughter is usually at the door waiting for me to get home and the first thing she wants to do is go outside and ride her bike. So outside we go to battle the hot blazing sun and the 15 million gnats swarming around face. We do this for about an hour and I finally convince Kyla that mommy needs to sit down and eat dinner. I eat dinner and then run around the house with little bit until it is time for her to go to bed. Bedtime has now become an event and every night we must read 5 books before she is satisfied.

So...OK, the baby is in the bed. It’s time to relax right? Wrong, now it is time to do some homework from my Master's program. By the time I finally get done with that is 10PM and time to go to sleep so that I can get 7 hours of sleep (hopefully). Did I forget to mention spend time with the hubby? No I did not forget...there is no time. During those ten days, I probably talked to my husband a total of one hour. There is no working out, not washing of clothes, no eating other than dinner (maybe).

My life feels like is in total disarray. The clothes were piling up (I was down to my period panties). I was behind on my school work. For those of you who know me; I am an A student and get very upset if I get anything less. Well, I just got my first C because I turned my final paper in late. I thought they were just going to take some points off but the final paper cannot be late. I got a zero of my final paper....yes I cried! Then the next day I woke up 2 hours late for work.  I couldn't wait until Wednesday to finally have a day off where I can get everything back in order. I go in the kitchen to grab my breakfast cheesecake out of the refrigerator  and happened to look at my schedule and notice I wasn't off and I had to be at work in two hours. UGH...I love my life!!

Well, today I am really off and hopefully I can get things back in order. Has anyone else felt like things have just gotten out of control? How did you handle it?

Blog Design by Cutesy Couture Designs